Community

New Jersey Leadership Program 2018 Fellows Announced

New Jersey Leadership Program 2018 Fellows Announced

The New Jersey Leadership Program (NJLP) is a non-partisan, nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting South Asian American youth participation and education at the local level of government in the State of New Jersey. NJLP and its fellowship program focuses on...
Appeal to Aunties: Help End Family Detention

Appeal to Aunties: Help End Family Detention

Auntie, I feel like I grew up with you. When I pass you in the street or see you in the spice store, I feel like you’re one of the people who saw me grow up, kept my welfare close to your heart, and had an unspoken authority in my community. I grew up in one of the...
South Asian Response to Today’s Supreme Court Decision

South Asian Response to Today’s Supreme Court Decision

Washington D.C– Over a year and three iterations at state-sponsored discrimination later, the Supreme Court of the United States ruled earlier today to uphold the Trump Administration’s divisive and damaging Muslim Ban. This is a troubling first in modern...
“Facebook is comparable to drug dealers”

“Facebook is comparable to drug dealers”

Vivek Wadhwa has made a huge turn in recent years. The Indian researcher, entrepreneur and writer originally made his name as one of the most prominent ‘cheerleaders’ of Silicon Valley. He was closely involved with Singularity University, an almost...
2018 Silicon Valley Music Festival

2018 Silicon Valley Music Festival

Chamber Music Silicon Valley breaks the mold at the 2018 Silicon Valley Music Festival with the launch of a boundary-blurring Ensemble-in-Residence supported by Knight Foundation.  San Jose, CA – June 11, 2018 – Now in its 7th year, the 2018 Silicon Valley Music...