Community

A Winter’s Tale

A Winter’s Tale

Shakespeare’s comedies and romances are known for their magical elements and fantasy locations, and The Winter’s Tale is no exception. Livermore Shakespeare Festival is producing the play at Wente Vineyards Estate Winery and Tasting Room, July 12th through July 29th....
World Hindu Congress

World Hindu Congress

A digital billboard placed on a main highway in Chicago flashes a message about the World Hindu Congress (WHC) every 40 seconds and has been seen, at last count, by 1.5 million drivers. The windy city will play host to the WHC and welcome icons, thought influencers,...
Impact Fund Endorses Indian-American Candidates Nationwide

Impact Fund Endorses Indian-American Candidates Nationwide

Today, the Indian American Impact Fund announced its endorsement of an additional five state legislative candidates in Florida, Washington State, Iowa, Kentucky, and North Carolina. “This Fourth of July, we are proud to endorse five Indian Americans who have made the...
New Jersey Leadership Program 2018 Fellows Announced

New Jersey Leadership Program 2018 Fellows Announced

The New Jersey Leadership Program (NJLP) is a non-partisan, nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting South Asian American youth participation and education at the local level of government in the State of New Jersey. NJLP and its fellowship program focuses on...
Appeal to Aunties: Help End Family Detention

Appeal to Aunties: Help End Family Detention

Auntie, I feel like I grew up with you. When I pass you in the street or see you in the spice store, I feel like you’re one of the people who saw me grow up, kept my welfare close to your heart, and had an unspoken authority in my community. I grew up in one of the...