Community

Circus Vargas is Back!

Circus Vargas is Back!

Debuting their latest amazing animal-free production, Circus Vargas’ much-anticipated tour begins August 16th through October 7th! * PLEASANTON – Alameda County Fairgrounds, Aug. 16-19 * PETALUMA – Sonoma-Marin Fairgrounds & Event Center, Aug. 23-27 *...
Cupertino’s Shiva Oswal Wins International Olympiad

Cupertino’s Shiva Oswal Wins International Olympiad

Shiva Oswal, a middle schooler from Cupertino, CA won 5 Golds, 4 Silvers, and 2 Bronze medals, including the title of Overall Middle School Olympiad Champion at the recently concluded 3rd International History Olympiad (IHO) held in Berlin, Germany from July 14-22,...
Indra Nooyi Resigns as Pepsi CEO

Indra Nooyi Resigns as Pepsi CEO

“Today is a day of mixed emotions for me. @PepsiCo has been my life for 24 years & part of my heart will always remain here. I’m proud of what we’ve done & excited for the future. I believe PepsiCo’s best days are yet to come.” With...
Calling College-bound Students

Calling College-bound Students

High School students aspiring for education institutions such as Ivy League colleges or within the University of California system have an opportunity to gain an edge in the admissions process at the annual Education Expo Aug. 19 at the India Community Center in...
Akshay Venkatesh Wins Fields Medal

Akshay Venkatesh Wins Fields Medal

Stanford Mathematics Professor Akshay Venkatesh won the Fields Medal, the most prestigious prize in mathematics. Venkatesh joins Stanford mathematicians Maryam Mirzakhani, who won in 2014, and Paul Cohen, who won in 1966. Officially known as the International Medal...
Teen Attempts California Triple Crown of Marathon Swimming

Teen Attempts California Triple Crown of Marathon Swimming

A tour of the Alcatraz island is found on every “things to do” list for the San Francisco Bay Area. When one visits this famed island, the tour guide mentions the story of the prisoners who tried to escape the island by attempting to swim to shore. This gave rise to a...