Community

SAALT Immigration Forum

SAALT Immigration Forum

SAALT (South Asian Americans Leading Together) is holding a free immigration forum on Saturday, August 18th. You can learn about: – Current immigration policy in California and the U.S. – Your immigration rights at work, at airports, at home, and with...
Amit Bhandari Donates $50,000 to Ekal

Amit Bhandari Donates $50,000 to Ekal

By Manu Shah Houston based entrepreneur Amit Bhandari and his wife Arpita shaped their own American dream but along the way they also nurtured the aspirations of thousands of children, whether in the remote village of Rampura or the slums of Mumbai. Ekal was one of...
Circus Vargas is Back!

Circus Vargas is Back!

Debuting their latest amazing animal-free production, Circus Vargas’ much-anticipated tour begins August 16th through October 7th! * PLEASANTON – Alameda County Fairgrounds, Aug. 16-19 * PETALUMA – Sonoma-Marin Fairgrounds & Event Center, Aug. 23-27...
Cupertino’s Shiva Oswal Wins International Olympiad

Cupertino’s Shiva Oswal Wins International Olympiad

Shiva Oswal, a middle schooler from Cupertino, CA won 5 Golds, 4 Silvers, and 2 Bronze medals, including the title of Overall Middle School Olympiad Champion at the recently concluded 3rd International History Olympiad (IHO) held in Berlin, Germany from July 14-22,...
Indra Nooyi Resigns as Pepsi CEO

Indra Nooyi Resigns as Pepsi CEO

“Today is a day of mixed emotions for me. @PepsiCo has been my life for 24 years & part of my heart will always remain here. I’m proud of what we’ve done & excited for the future. I believe PepsiCo’s best days are yet to come.” With...
Calling College-bound Students

Calling College-bound Students

High School students aspiring for education institutions such as Ivy League colleges or within the University of California system have an opportunity to gain an edge in the admissions process at the annual Education Expo Aug. 19 at the India Community Center in...