A I understand how frustrating it can be to feel you just have no time to meet people when being in a relationship is important to you.
Since you work long-hours, why not get double the leverage from your limited personal time?
What is it that you really enjoy?
Whatever your passions and interests may be, there’s likely to be a relevant local class, group, or event which will get you out there interacting with others who share your interest.
To get your creative juices flowing, I’ll give you three examples:
• If participating in sports is an activity you enjoy, consider joining a co-ed league.
• If you’re a wine connoisseur, check out wine-tastings in your area
• If you enjoy cooking, consider taking or teaching a class. (Teaching a “Boiling Water for Bachelors” class may be fun!)
The possibilities are endless. I love doing this fruitful exercise with our dating coaching as well as matchmaking clients.
The beauty of this strategy is two-fold.
First, you know you’ll have fun doing the things you love, regardless of whether or not you end up meeting someone; and secondly, being happily engaged in what you’re doing, really being in your element, tends to be magnetizing to guys.
Let us explore three other ways to leverage your limited time:
• Consider leveraging your time by retaining the services of a professional matchmaker who can find and introduce you to guys with potential.
• Online dating. I know online dating can be time-consuming, but the upside is tremendous reach and flexibility. Since the internet is available 24/7, you can find guys with potential whenever your crazy schedule allows.
• Perhaps most fundamentally, as a dating coach to busy professionals, I challenge my clients to consider whether they’re truly making the time and space in their lives for a relationship. I often say that people’s calendars and budgets reflect their true priorities.
If being in a relationship is a top priority for you, don’t try to wait until you somehow manage to find someone. Be sure to make time and space now.
Jasbina is the founder and president of Intersections Match, the only personalized matchmaking and dating coaching firm serving singles of South Asian descent in the United States. She is also the host of Intersections Talk Radio, a monthly lifestyle show. www.IntersectionsMatch.com.Jasbina@intersectionsmatch.com.