Chabot College is a learning-centered institution with a culture of thoughtfulness and academic excellence, committed to creating a vibrant community of life-long learners.
Chabot College is a public comprehensive community college that prepares students to succeed in their education, progress in the workplace, and engage in the civic and cultural life of the community. Our students contribute to the intellectual, cultural, physical, and economic vitality of the region.
The college responds to the educational and workforce development needs of our regional population and economy. As a leader in higher education, we promote excellence and equity in our academic and student support services. We are dedicated to student learning inside and outside the classroom to support students’ achievement of their educational goals.
The colleges’ vision and mission are supported by the following collective values:
Learning and Teaching
- supporting a variety of teaching philosophies and learning modalities
- providing an environment conducive to intellectual curiosity and innovation
- encouraging collaboration that fosters learning
- engaging in ongoing reflection on learning, by students and by staff
- cultivating critical thinking in various contexts
- supporting the development of the whole person
Community and Diversity
- building a safe and supportive campus community
- treating one another with respect, dignity, and integrity
- practicing our work in an ethical and reflective manner
- honoring and respecting cultural diversity
- encouraging diversity in our curriculum and community of learners
Individual and Collective Responsibility
- taking individual responsibility for our own learning
- cultivating a sense of social and individual responsibility
- developing reflective, responsible and compassionate citizens
- playing a leadership role in the larger community
- embracing thoughtful change and innovation