The old cliché of the land of snake charmers has gradually been dispelled by the idea of a country of computer geeks. Shashi Tharoor dispels and confirms the constructed India of the popular imagination.
…You Are Our Business Model!
More people are reading India Currents than ever but advertising revenues across the media are falling fast. And unlike many news organizations, we haven’t put up a paywall – we want to keep our journalism as open as we can.
So you can see why we need to ask for your help. Our independent, community journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we believe our perspective matters – because it might well be your perspective, too.
If everyone who reads our reporting, who likes it, helps fund it, our future would be much more secure. For as little as $5, you can support us – and it takes just a moment to give via PayPal or credit card.
- India First Country to Send Mars Orbiter Mission: Women Scientists Take the Lead
- How Indian MIT and IIT Graduates Have Shaped Computer History
- Education Systems – US vs. India
- “1.2 Billion Shades of Beautiful” : A Campaign Against Skin Color Bias
- Shake Up Your Story
- India Currents Wins NAM Award
- An Olympian’s Journey