Are you enjoying our content? Don’t miss out! Sign up!
India Currents gave me a voice in days I was very lost. Having my articles selected for publishing was very validating – Shailaja Dixit, Executive Director, Narika, Fremont
From London to Mumbai, Bangkok to LA, you can find an Indian restaurant just about anywhere these days. With an emerging appetite for beer production on the Subcontinent, you can now find several global brands making a splash in the brewing scene.
Here are 5 of the best global beer brands to have when at an Indian restaurant:
1) RUPEE– Rupee was specially designed & crafted by a world-renowned master beer brewer responsible for producing several top alcohol brands & an award winning Indian chef. They are on a mission to become the go-to lager for Indian, spicy, & robust world cuisine. Slow brewed to a traditional Indian recipe using all-natural rice, maize, malted barley & three types of hops, Rupee is unforgettably smooth with a refreshingly light finish.
2) KINGFISHER– One of the most popular & exported Indian beers globally, Kingfisher has been a favourite at Indian curry houses since the 1970s. The clean taste of this brew goes great with spicy tikka masala and butter chicken. Being India’s most popular regional beer, Kingfisher can be found all over the nation.
3) COBRA– This lager was founded by Lord Karan Bilimoria in the U.K. Its gentle fizz & slight sweetness go perfectly with coconut flavoured kormas which makes it a local favourite at staple curry houses across the U.K.
4) JAIPUR IPA– This India pale ale is part of the Thornbridge Brewery founded in Derbyshire in the United Kingdom. The golden pale ale is lightly carbonated with an aroma of lemon & ideal with a curry that is bursting with flavour. Great with a jalfrezi or tikka masala, the powerful malty taste with hints of citrus complements any spicy or creamy curry.
5) GOA PREMIUM– A gluten-free brew from India’s vibrant beach state of Goa, this beer has a lovely crisp and light taste with a velvety texture of malt within the beer. It is best enjoyed with spicy curries such as a vindaloo or regional Goan fish curry. The taste of Goa Premium Beer works well with Indian food having a clear aftertaste that helps you enjoy the rich flavour of Indian cooking.