Dah! Lassi Pop Recipe
(Makes 10 3oz. pops)
- (1) 32oz. Bottle of DAH! Vanilla with Cardamom Lassi
- A pinch of saffron threads
- 1/4 cup shelled pistachios, unsalted. Optional: swap for another nut of your choice, such as cashews, almonds, hazelnuts, etc.
- 3/4 cup finely chopped strawberries. Optional: swap for another berry of your choice, such as blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, etc.
- Popsicle molds (we used a popsicle mold with (10) 3oz. wells)
- Mortar & Pestle or molcajete
- Gently grind the saffron threads in a small mortar and pestle. Pour the saffron powder into the lassi bottle and shake to combine. The lassi will take on a beautiful pale yellow hue.
- In a large mortar and pestle or molcajete, coarsely crush the pistachios into small pieces (you could also coarsely chop the pistachios on a cutting board).
- Using a small espresso spoon, add crushed pistachios to each well of your popsicle mold and repeat with the chopped strawberries.
- Slowly pour the lassi into each well, place the popsicle sticks in each center, and transfer to the freezer. Let it freeze overnight.
- Enjoy the next day- if you find the popsicles won’t release directly from the mold, you can run the mold under hot water for a few seconds to loosen it from the well.
For more information on DAH! Lassi and the brand’s yogurt offerings, and additional recipes from Padma Lakshmi, visit www.dahlicious.com and follow @padmalakshmi @Dahlicious on social media!