India Currents and Khabar magazines invite submissions for the KATHA FICTION CONTEST 2013.
Cash prizes (First Prize $300, Second Prize $200, Third Prize $100) and two honorable mentions.
1. One submission per individual. $7.00 per submisssion. (Paid by check or paypal)
2. Submissions should consist of one short story or extract from a longer work up to 3,000 words in length.
3. Entries should be unpublished works and should not have won previous awards or contests.
4. Entries should be submitted in Microsoft Word document format.
5. A Paypal account is required for online submissions. If you do not wish to pay by Paypal, you may send a personal check, cashier’s check or money order. Please make checks payable to India Currents with “Katha 2013” in the memo line and send to 1885 Lundy Ave, Suite 220, San Jose, CA 95131.
For online payment use the “Buy Now” PayPal button below:
E-MAIL YOUR STORY as a Word File Attachment to: email@example.com
In the Word file, include only the title and the story itself.
In the body of your e-mail, write this statement:
Here is my submission for Katha: Desi Fiction Contest 2012.
Title of Story:
Payment Method (Check or Paypal)?
Payment Transaction ID (Check Number and Date or Paypal transaction code):
Brief Biographical Statement:
(Include publication or award history if applicable)
I warrant that I am the sole author of, and have exclusive rights to the enclosed material. I hereby release full rights for the enclosed material or any segment or portion thereof to Katha and its sponsors, and authorize Katha to use my name and work in any publicity or promotions for Katha. I also understand that if my story is not shortlisted for publication by the Katha sponsors, the rights will revert back to me on March 30, 2013.
-(your full name)
Submissions not following these guidelines will be automatically disqualified from the contest. Disqualified entrants will not be notified.
DEADLINE: MARCH 30, 2013
All entrants will be notified of the results by e-mail by June 30, 2013.
Winning entries will be published in upcoming issues of India Currents and Khabar.