Why Write For Magazines
Writing for magazines is a great way to learn a lot about how publishing works, what it’s like to have your content edited, and how to hone your craft. Once you prove yourself to a publication and have a relationship with an editor, it’s much easier to come back the second and third time to get published.
How To Get Your Articles Published By An Online Magazine
● Study your target publication. Notice the writing styles, their sources, topics, and headlines.
● Find story ideas that relate to the publication. Your goal should be to find ideas that are in a similar vein to what the magazine covers, yet somehow fresh and new.
● Find news hooks. Writing articles that are compelling now shows the editor that your article is timely, and should be published as soon as possible.
● Find sources. Search Amazon for book authors, read articles, or put out a request for an expert on sites like ProfNet.
● Conduct interviews.
● Write a first draft.
● Get feedback.
● Turn in your story on time – and pitch another.
Once you’ve agreed on a deadline, then it’s time to start writing. The hardest part is done. Now, all you have to do is write the article. And next time, you probably won’t have to go through this process.
The more you do this sort of thing, the easier it gets, especially as magazines and editors begin to know and trust you. The editors at India Currents Magazine want to hear from you. Submit your writings at https://indiacurrents.com/article-submission/.