Anyone that participates in this challenge will be entered in a raffle for Art Supplies!
Guess what I saw in the parking lot one day when I returned to the apartment complex where I live?
Yes, you are correct if you guessed “The image in the photo.”
There are a few ducks in the apartment complex near me and to me, it looks like the image in the photo was formed by duck droppings.
Look at the image with your children or grandchildren, and discuss what the image looks like. There are no right or wrong answers, only your answers.
Here is the challenge for this month:
Walk around in a safe area with your children or grandchildren, and find images that are formed by bird droppings, or smudges or leaks or spills of some kind. Surfaces that people walk on are good places to start looking for patterns that look like art. Anyone is welcome to submit but we encourage those under 18 to attempt the challenge!
- Using the camera in your smartphone, take a picture of the art-like image you find. Try to find something on the ground that isn’t an obvious object.
- Provide a title for the image in your photo and explain what you think it looks like.
- You can also submit your explanation of what the image in my photo looks like. I will tell you what I think the image looks like after I hear from you.
- Send the image, title, and possible explanation to: firstname.lastname@example.org by Dec. 31st!
- Use the email header: Art That People Step On – Submission
India Currents will feature selected photos in a future issue and all who send submissions will be entered in a raffle for Art Supplies!
Have fun, and be safe. Adult supervision is strongly recommended.
Dr. Mandayam Osuri Thirunarayanan was born in Madras, India. He became a citizen of the United States and currently lives in Miami, Florida.