If you are reading this document, that means you are publishing a story with India Currents. We are excited to feature your work in our publication and to continue working with you in the future. As part of the process of publishing your work with India Currents, we strongly encourage writers to promote our work on social media, particularly on Twitter and Instagram. Find the social media guidelines embedded within this document.
- Articles to be shared as Google docs (with edit mode for IC editors) between 500-800 words (1000 words max).
- The editor will have the final say on the title. You are welcome to include one but the title may change.
- Include a 1-2 sentence author bio at the end of the piece.
- Provide Hyperlinks to give context as required (notable people, sources, events).
- Submit at least two images to accompany your article. The featured image should be LANDSCAPE and at the sizing of 785 x 515 pixels.
Social media summary for your article:
- Under 240 characters – a caption for your article that will invite those on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter to engage with your story
- It must be SOCIAL and not academic. Do NOT make statements – use the reader’s curiosity. Research to include hashtags to accompany your article.
- A social media pitch should include your social media handles so we can tag you when we share the articles on our platforms. Must include ALL relevant Twitter handles!
- Find the following social media guidelines here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fvXKVFZQAYMwMMkb2kM2OQ_zBNoBbivl/view?usp=sharing
Please “Like” the follow our social media handles:
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/IndiaCurrents/
- Instagram @india.currents: https://www.instagram.com/india.currents/
- Twitter @indiacurrents: https://twitter.com/IndiaCurrents